Tuesday, July 6, 2010

a first time and a loser update

9 weeks in...a little less than 4 months to go.

in about 9 weeks i've lost a total of 21.5 lbs. i've been 1st place in the biggest loser competition every week except for one. it has become less of a competition of me vs. my coworkers because so many have dropped out, or just aren't doing well, or don't have the time to devote to this. the 2nd place person is about 6% behind me. since i can (currently) no longer count on the competition with other people aspect to drive me to work hard, it has now totally come to just me vs. myself. one week i gained a pound and a half and it KILLED me to admit it or tell people when they asked. i refuse to let that happen again. i really do hope some of my competitors can commit more soon,though, because i like hearing about everyone else's successes and the whole competition felt more like a team effort than individual-everyone cheering on and supporting each other. i love that kind of stuff.

i've worked HARD for every single pound i've lost. the tennis shoes i wear i've owned for at least 5 years and they've seen more miles in these past couple of months than they have in the whole time i've owned them. i don't know if i've previously mentioned, but i HATED jogging and running, i would much rather walk 20 miles than jog 1. now,there are parts of my workout route that i can't imagine NOT jogging because it's so easy to me now. i just discovered there is a zumba class right down the street from where i work. i have been dying to try this and am going to start next week...i CAN'T wait! also, there's a warrior dash in oregon in september. this baby would kick my ass for SURE, but it looks fun and i would be so excited to be able to say i competed in it. it would be my first relay type of race ever..i dunno,we'll see. i have until august to decide...i'll let you know as soon as i know for sure!

i realize that 21.5 lbs is a lot to have lost, and i am proud of myself for those, but i am disappointed in myself because at this point, i know it could have been more. i had a couple of bad weeks where i either made poor food choices, or didn't work out as much as i should have-but the only thing i can really do is concentrate on the present, and think about what can i do NOW to make sure i keep up my loss.

anyway...that's about it on that for now!

guess what i did for the first time EVER on the 4th of july???


i GRILLED!! the boys/men were preoccupied with other things and us ladies were hungry so i decided to take matters into my own hands and put on some hamburger patties, hot dogs and all the buns and cooked them all myself. i pretty much got them all perfect on the first try which basically means i have natural talent and should definitely grill more in the future.

PROOF! (yes, i know having a red eye is totally 1998. no, i have no idea why my photo editing program wouldn't completely remove the red eye. i swear i'm not possessed by satan.)

1 comment:

Kasey Lowdeen said...

you've never bbq'd before?! do you realize you grilled every single piece of meat and bun i had! I through out so much on sunday. lol