Friday, December 5, 2008

"do something good every day"

i've been inspired. by starbucks, nonetheless. i recieved a warm beverage from them a few days ago, and on the protective sleeve it said "do something good every day". i dunno why, but it got me thinking that i really SHOULD make a conscious effort every day to do something good for someone. Now, i don't think that i,by any means am a mean person or that i never do good things, because i'm not and i do, but i,just like most people i feel, could do more. i don't want my "good somethings" to just be like "oh soandso did this for me today and it totally made my day!". I want that person that i helped out to be inspired to also do good things for someone else...a "pay it forward" if you will. this morning i started that by purchasing the beverages of the car behind me at the Starbucks drive thru, hoping that they'd take the money they saved on their drinks, and maybe use it on the person behind them. i have no idea what actually happened, but it's still nice to think i could have made their day.

Other then that things have been pretty a-ok. I still have the best, most rewarding job in the world. My grandparents and my sister,brother in law, and nephew came to visit for Thanksgiving. My grandparents left the Friday after and my brother in law stayed until the Tuesday after, my sister is here with Connor until this coming Tuesdday...so it's been SO nice spending time with all of them. I especially am loving playing with little Connor. He just turned two months old and he is the happiest baby in the world. I have no problem just sitting for hours in a chair holding him, playing with him,listening to him "talk", or even just watching him sleep. He is the most adorable baby ever i love him so MUCH! and it's amazing because i know i'm not the only person who feels this way about this little baby boy...so many others love him as much as i do! what a lucky little guy!

i leave you with a few pictures of me in action at work with my kids, pics from Thanksgiving coming as soon as i recieve them!

ring around a rosey...

Photobucket

making our own chex mix

Photobucket

watching wall-e(NOT recommended for 3 year olds...)

Photobucket

i was soooo boring, she fell asleep!

Photobucket

No comments: