Thursday, May 7, 2009

bad blogger

Photobucket

sorry guys for the lack of updates lately. I have no excuses!

so much has happened since my last blog! I'm back home from Texas. It was a pretty relaxing trip. We mostly just hung out at the house and I played with Connor a LOT. He's such a sweet little boy and making him smile is the most fun thing ever, i tried to do it as often as i could. on the night i was supposed to leave there was the hugest thunderstorm! my flight ended up getting delayed to the point where i just rescheduled one for the next morning. i spent one last night in houston and left for seattle at 6 oclock the next morning. it was still stormy, so that on top of my fear of flying, i was pretty freaked out. BUT i made it safe and sound! i arrived in seattle at 1030 AM and promptly went to work. after being up since 2 am Seattle time i was not the most qualified person to be taking care of 20 3 year olds, but i did what i could. i have some pictures,but somehow misplaced the memory card, so as soon as that is found(when i decide to clean my room)...i'll put them up!

a few days later...i turned 27!! i celebrated the night before my actual birthday by going to dinner with my parents, it's tradition! we went to this restaurant called BJ's where i had the most perfect dirty martini and the most delicious meal. after that we went back to their house and had cake and opened my present from them (a desperately needed iPod).

the next day, my ACTUAL birthday, i went to work! now,since i believe my birthday should be a national holiday i generally take the day off. but since i had just been on vacation a few days before that i decided the most responsible thing was to probably work that day. i'm glad i did,because i was showered by all kinds of presents! one of my favorite things about being a teacher is your childrens parents give gifts! i got starbucks giftcards(always welcome no matter what the occasion), a cute baby bamboo tree, and a picture frame. my coworker bought me a cake and i shared it with my class of kids. i'm such a nice teacher. that night my roommate heidi, her friend colin, and i went to see one of heidis favorite bands in seattle. it was a lot of fun and i'm glad they got to spend my day with me!

that's about all i've done since my last blog, all the major things,anyway. i saw tumbledown for i think the 4 millionth time last night. their record comes out may 19th and i'm so excited for that! i hope it sells 56 trillion copies.

so,consider yourself updated. if i think of anything else, i'll post it as soon as i can so my blogs aren't so dang long!

p.s. i might not blog before then...so happy mothers day to all the moms! i hope your day is wonderful!

No comments: