Monday, May 25, 2009

inspired by the Tacoma Aroma

Photobucket

(this picture is one i took as i was sitting here writing this blog)

Not much new stuff has been happening lately...I HAVE had a weird stroke of luck in winning things,though. I won tickets to a concert i was attending via a radio contest, i won a signed electric guitar via a website contest i wasn't even aware was going on, and i won $11 from 2 one dollar scratch tickets!(i never buy scratch tickets, and on the rare occasion that i do, i never,ever win).

Life has been pretty much the same as usual. It's a 3 day weekend but I, unfortunately, had to work yesterday(sunday). The whole preschool team came to take inventory of our classes and rearrange and clean everything. this took ALL day. we were there from 830 am to 430 pm and did not stop working at all. i was exhausted by the time we were done. i wanted to go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather but my body just would not have it. i ended up crashing on the couch for an hour or two shortly after arriving home.

Today I had lunch with a friend who i love with all my heart and all my soul and guts! We went to Olive Garden and had unlimited soup,salad,and breadsticks(which,btw,when did this go from 5.99 to 6.99?? blasphemy). I had the chicken and g-someitalianwordicantpronounce soup which is the best soup i've ever had in my whole entire life. seriously, if you love cream of chicken soup, or just creamy soups in general, you HAVE to try it. we ended our calorie fest by sharing dessert-italian donuts dusted with powdered sugar with a chocolate dipping sauce. simply divine. NO idea how we managed to fit through the doors on our way out, but we somehow managed it and i can't wait til we do that again.

I'm planning on heading to Mt. Rainier next weekend sometime. I LOVE hiking on this famous mountain. The views are always beautiful. Last time i was there, in august of '07 me at my friend stood at the bottom of this HUGE hill saying to each other "do you wanna try climbing that? there's no way we'll make it..." and in the end, wound up climbing the whole thing, all the way to the top. We felt SO good. that's probably my favorite part of going to mt. rainier, that feeling of accomplishment. oh,and the blackberry pie we stop for on the way home.

And last,but definitely not least, i get a new phone in 2.5 weeks!! those that know me and know my phone understand how ridiculous my need for a new cellular device is. basically it works fine internally, but buttons to make everything work have fallen off, and i have been known to ask a person or two for a bobby pin in order to start a new text.

anyway, that's about it for me...i'll write more soon!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

what a pretty picture! I wish I had that to look at everyday! The Ohio River is pretty and all...ok, not really, but I do like it. ANYWAY...can't wait til you get a new phone that doesn't require assistance from a bobby pin! Congrats on all the winning...when you put it that way, it does sound like you have been winning a lot lately!