Sunday, October 26, 2008

pressing forward

I've been a big fan of Post Secret for quite some time now (for those of you who don't know who/what that is, click the link that says "Post Secret" under my favorite bloggers)...anyways, i found one today that i totally could have sent in:
Photobucket

just kidding, it was actually this one (and it's from Seattle!):

Photobucket

Moving on...

Have I mentioned lately how much i LOVE my job as a preschool teacher? As aggrivating as the 3 year olds can be, with all the potty "accidents",the not listening/doing anything us teachers tell them,the yelling,screaming, and hitting of each other...basically being normal 3 year olds, i love these kids a LOT! all 20 of them! I've also been thinking about my future more since starting this job, and I haven't even been there a month! The amount we make is based on education,experience, and position. So, basically, in order to make more i need to go back to school. I have been SO opposed to this for so long, because I have had absolutely no desire to go back to school...and even if i did..what would i go back for??

Well, since starting at BFC the longing to go back to school has returned to me...I have several coworkers who are taking classes and are working at the same time, and it's been very inspiring to me. I don't have to take a full course load all at once, i can just do a class at a time. And going back would be very beneficial to me, even if i just get my associates, it's better than what i have now! Another bonus is that BFC will pay back 50 percent of your tuition for any class related to child care that you complete and pass. Bright Horizons (the name of the actual people i work for) is truly a great company!

My back has been hurting soooooOOOOoooo bad these past couple of days, i canNOT wait til my health insurance kicks in next month so i can figure out what's wrong with me! I suspect,with my years and years of medical training, it's a slipped/herniated disk that's pinching a nerve. Sounds pleasant,right?

And,finally, for the road, new pictures of Connor looking adorable:

you talkin to me?


ready to go!


Connors first smile!



sleepy baby!

No comments: