Sunday, November 29, 2009

back to the daily grind

Well,my Thanksgiving break is officially coming to a close. I start back to work tomorrow. I'm sooooo not ready for it, this 4 day weekend went by WAY too fast!! In typical me fashion I took pictures and am going to share what I did on my 4 day weekend!(luuuucky you!)

Thursday was ACTUAL Thanksgiving, and since both my parents worked(as i previously mentioned in my video blog)I just had pizza...no pictures,but it was pepperoni,and it was GOOD. Also,I managed to watch Sleepless in Seattle for the FIRST time EVER!(most of my friends are both shocked and appalled at this fact,having grown up watching this movie). It was cute,Meg Ryan is pretty enduring in it.

On Friday we had roommate Thanksgiving with me,Heidi,Justin and Heidi's boys. I unfortunately had to eat and run because I had previously made plans,but the food I did get to sample before leaving was deeelish! They weren't all your traditional thanksgiving foods or they were twists on traditional Thanksgiving foods,which made it a lot of fun.

Here's our feast...Noah and Parker really wanted chips for some reason,who were we to deny them?? Clockwise starting at the bottom there's the rosemary infused turkey(mmmmm), noahs plate, stuffing(not a stuffing fan,but i heard it was good), Heidi's take on green bean casserole which included a lot of cheese and crumbled up potato chips(again,heard it was good),asparagus, deviled eggs(i looooooove deviled eggs!), and chips.
Photobucket

There was also mashed potatoes,gravy and rolls. Not to mention FOUR different kinds of pies! Cherry,pumpkin,oreo, and of course,the best one, my homemade cheesecake with fresh strawberry topping:
Photobucket

After my eat and run I headed to Forza to meet Amanda for Phase 10 and coffee. It's a tradition that we've been doing for a couple years now, and don't get to do that often. So,usually,when I happen to get a weekday off,we take full advantage.

My nonfat white chocolate peppermint mocha in a "for here" cup decorated all pretty!(not as good as Starbucks,I was a little disappointed,but at least it looked good?)
Photobucket

We also tried their sugar free raspberry gelato,which was quite tasty:
Photobucket

I lost :(
Photobucket

After I got whooped playing Phase 10 I got a tiny bit of Black Friday shopping in. I have been looking for the perfect pea coat for over a year now...and I found one at Macys! To put it mildly,I'm ecstatic and can't wait to show it off to the general public :)

Saturday was Thanksgiving with my mom and dad! I was looking forward to this because practically EVERYthing is homemade and ALWAYS delicious. The mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce,sweet potatoes, usually the gravy, everything,homemade. We usually have wild rice,which I recently learned is not common? apparently it's a regional thing, one my dad had growing up in Minnesota,but there wasn't enough this year I guess.

I even tried some red wine!(i'm usually a white drinker).(p.s. yes,i'm the classy broad who has a tall glass of milk next to her fancy glass of red wine)
Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all,it was a pretty good Thanksgiving, I had 3,so I can't really complain about anything! Less than a month til Christmas!!!

No comments: