Thursday, November 12, 2009

riding along in my automobile

I've had Maggie the Mazda since 2001. I love her to death,but I'm tired of her. Currently she has no heat/ac,stereo,drivers side mirror,a broken headlight cover,3 hubcaps,and needs new back break pads. This is all just the stuff I know about,I don't even wanna guess what may be wrong under the hood. She's running perfectly fine now,but after 8 years I have a feeling parts are going to start breaking soon.

My coworker, who is just about to have a baby, told me today about how she is trying to get rid of her car. It's a 2008 VW Beetle. She was telling me about how much the payments are and how it's practically brand new,among other things. It was definitely too good of a deal for me to pass up...so I decided that I would buy her car from her!

This is the first BIG purchase/decision I've made in my adult life by myself. My parents found my Mazda for me and their name is also on the title,even though I made the payments.

I officially get the car tomorrow and I am excited beyond belief to have heat! and music! and a drivers side mirror! and all 4 hubcaps! on my car!! I've been too scared to go on any kind of road trip in my current car because I know the insides are so old,so it's going to be so nice to go WHEREVER I want with no worries(and music to keep me company :) )


Sooooo,who wants a ride?????

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yay!!! That's amazing. I'm so excited for you!! Road trip it to Ohio!