Wednesday, August 19, 2009

11 years and running...

Tonight I had the opportunity to have dinner with my oldest friend Megan. I haven't seen Megan since November of last year and since then she's had a baby so I was super excited to finally meet the little one! When I called Megs before coming over I asked what she was making me for dinner. She said "mac and cheese" to which I replied "That's my faaaavorite!!" I was totally expecting Kraft boxed mac and cheese, you know, the one everyone is raised on,and the only kind I've ever put in my mouth. Little did i know people actually made HOMEMADE mac and cheese that you put in an oven and BAKE!! Oh it was sooooo yummy and if i don't go to bed asap i'm pretty sure i'm gonna dive into the leftovers Megan FORCED me to take home :) So after meeting CJ the baby, and learning I was getting homemade mac and cheese...my night got BETTER. How is that even POSSIBLE??? you ask...well,let me tell you! While cooking dinner Megan informed me she had an espresso machine and asked "would you like some coffee?" Um,what??? That's like asking Richard Simmons if he wanted a new sparkly tank top! So she proceeded to make me an iced venti vanilla latte. Pure. Bliss. I then informed Megan I would be by her house at 7 am every morning for my free latte. After having a nice chat during dinner we decided it had been WAY too long since our last photo together. I think we came to the conclusion that it had been about 3 years. Ridiculous. When James, Megans husband came home we took FULL advantage and made him snap some current photos of us. Here are a couple of the results:

hells yeah we're completely normal:

Photobucket

I love this picture cause it captures us exactly. Always laughing,always fun. Thanks Megan for the delicious dinner I had a blast, we are SO doing this again REALLY soon. Love you! <3

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah said...

homemade mac and cheese is the BEST! I am jealous. Looks like you had a good time!