Thursday, August 6, 2009

anniversary

Next month marks my one year anniversary working at BFC. I've said this before,but it's so surreal that I still love my job! Granted,it's "only" been on year,but that's a lot longer than I've liked any other job! I was given a questionnaire to fill out for our "anniversary board" and I thought I'd share my answers with you. I did my best to make it different cause,let's face it,who wants to read the same boring answers all the time? Not me. Good thing I'm not boring.

Name: Andi Ottoson
Anniversary date: 9/29 (super easy for me to remember...my nephew was born on my first day of work!)
Position:preschool lead

Any awards or certificates you have received or been nominated for at the center: "Most Improved Classroom"(sooooo proud of this one!),"Ms. Tell It Like It Is"(a little less proud of this one but let's face it,it's true,ha)

Schools you've attended and degrees/certificates you've received: Central Washington University double major in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education-3.5 years completed

Three things you do for fun in your spare time:
1.Go to the Tacoma waterfront and drink a latte while reading a good book.
2.Shopping at Target and challenging myself to only buy what I came for.
3.Going to shows and singing along loudly to my favorite songs.

What are some things you do with friends and family: watching free movies that are On Demand, making up recipes with whatever we find in our cupboards then eating the whole thing,changing the lyrics to popular songs so they're funnier.

What's your favorite memory while working at BFC: winter when we had all the snow-it was nice to have snow days and watch kids play in snow because some hadn't seen it before.

What is one goal you have for next year: start/complete my CDA

Why do you enjoy working with children: you always have a story to share and they say the funniest things that make me laugh. Also,they give the best hugs.(no offense to those of you that i've hugged,i'm sure yours are perfectly acceptable as well :) )

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congratulations on one year Andi! You should be proud of yourself! I'm glad you still love it!