Sunday, May 2, 2010

thanks

i'm feeling very...thoughtful this weekend. i have lots of ideas running around in my head and i feel the need to get them out-hence the excessive blogging. i started this blog as a way for my relatives(who mostly all live in other states)to keep up with my life which is super helpful considering i HATE talking on the phone...but it has become much more than that to me.

it's a timeline- i can go back and read every post and remember that part of my life,what was going on,where i was living,and how i was feeling(even the things i didn't write down).

it's a journal- for the most part i try to keep my posts upbeat and happy,but sometimes i want to write and i'm not in the happiest of moods. it helps me release the current emotion that i am feeling. this may sound bizarre, but writing it down and seeing it written helps me to sort things out and see it in a different way than if i was just thinking about it.

it's inspirational- (i don't usually toot my own horn,but just this one time,i'm gonna)i can't tell you how many times my grandmother or my friends or other relatives, and even people i didn't even know read my blog have said to me "i really like reading your blog,i laughed so hard at this one part..." it's inspirational to ME,knowing that people enjoy what i am writing and WANT to read it,it makes me want to continue blogging for you guys. people have told me that my blog has inspired them to start their OWN blog...and then they actually do! my grandma even said to me just the other day "you are in the wrong profession." meaning,she thinks i should become some sort of writer(a fairly recent passion of mine) instead of a preschool teacher(a lifelong passion of mine). the only thing wrong with that,to me,is i'm not sure i could write well "on demand". i like being able to phrase things how i want, or even make up words(something i do pretty much on a daily basis).

i'm not saying at ALL that this is some kind of super famous blog that has a copious(word of the week,use it)amount of readers and i'm some kind of blogging celebrity. not even close. each post i make gets maybe 20ish views(which i'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it's not the same person viewing it 20 times...),which is, in blogland a tiny amount. it is,however, MUCH more than the 2 people i expected to be the only ones interested in reading it. so basically i just wanted to say thank you,friends, family,and 2 "followers" that i have no idea who you are for reading. this is for you.

No comments: